I am rounding off the bevy of berry pizza recipes with this Perfect Strawberry Balsamic Pie.
The original recipe and video (linked below) call for mascarpone cheese, but I have come to love it with ricotta. Feel free to choose a low-fat version if that appeals to you.
Why is this pizza so wonderful?
- It’s fast—literally no prep cooking involved! Just pizza baking.
- It’s got fresh strawberries as the topping.
- It’s a wonderful dessert pizza.
- It’s also a satisfying breakfast pizza—almost like pancakes, but on this blog, I prefer pizza to pancakes.
- It’s easy assembly for kids!
- It’s as pretty as it is delicious. I mean… isn’t it?
Let’s get to it. By the time you read these instructions, you could have already had your first bite!Print
A fast, easy kid friendly pizza that allows you to make use of fresh, summer strawberries. Enjoy this sweet and tangy combination of strawberries and balsamic glaze for breakfast or dessert!
1 quart fresh strawberries, stemmed and sliced
16 oz ricotta cheese
1/4 cup balsamic glaze
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp salt (divided amongst the servings)
fresh basil for garnish (as much as you’d like!)
- Heat your oven to 500 °F. If using a pizza stone, allow the stone to heat in the oven for 30 minutes before baking on it.
- Stretch out one of the pizza dough rounds onto a pizza peel dusted with flour, or onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (if not using a pizza stone).
- Spread a thin layer of ricotta cheese on top of the dough
- Sprinkle the strawberries on top of the cheese.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze on top of the berries.
- Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with about 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Slide your pizza into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling!
- Remove from the oven, garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Don’t forget to drain your strawberries very well after you wash them. Pat them dry with a paper towel, too. It will help to reduce moisture on your pizza.
Keywords: fruit pizza, strawberry fruit pizza, strawberry balsamic pizza, strawberry pizza, homemade pizza