This pizza is not for the faint of heart. It’s for a person ready to dive in. Ready to dive into a pizza loaded with sweet, savory, and spicy flavors. This pizza is going to knock your socks off. But it’s summer and hopefully you aren’t wearing any socks.
Ok, ok. Socks or no socks, let me explain what I’ve done here.
I’ve posted quite a few peach pizza recipes. You can read all about the Fig and Peach Dessert Pizza here. Or perhaps you prefer a Tomato and Peach Pesto Pizza? I’ve got that one here. With this pizza, I really wanted to create something different.
And then. And then I saw THIS recipe for Chili Crisp from Bon Appétit. I was intrigued enough to make it, and I give the food editors at this wondrous magazine a peach-truck-full of credit for this recipe. I have used it on this pizza, but please follow this link to get the recipe from their site. It’s only fair to give credit where credit is due. The oil is spicy, shallot-y and has a faint chai-like flavor from anise seeds and cinnamon. A little goes a long way.
Moving on from my shameless plug for BA magazine, I took their oil and combined it with:
- Sweet peaches from Crane Farm in New Jersey (yes, we CAN grow them here!)
- Basil oil made from the fresh basil in my own little herb garden (it’s like a lighter version of pesto with no nuts)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Blue Cheese
Finally, as a base, I used my sourdough pizza dough recipe baked in a sheet pan. This way, I could guarantee a slightly thicker crust to hold extra toppings.
This recipe would be perfect for:
- Your next outdoor BBQ accompanying either a grilled salmon or skirt steak.
- A brunch buffet alongside heaping arugula and prosciutto salads, washed down peach bellini’s.
You could augment this pizza with:
- Slices of prosciutto
- Crushed, roasted pistachios
Have I convinced you? Let’s get to the recipe and get this pizza in your oven!Print
This pizza is my latest and greatest summer time masterpiece. It features fresh peaches, blue and mozzarella cheeses, basil oil and a spunky chili oil from BA magazine!
For the basil oil:
1 cup packed fresh basil
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp honey
For the pizza:
2–3 medium ripe peaches, sliced
8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, drained and ripped into pieces
6 oz blue cheese, crumbled
2–3 tbsp Chili Crisp
kosher salt to taste
1 recipe simple pizza dough or sourdough pizza dough
Equipment: 9×13″ rimmed sheet pan
First, make the basil oil:
- Combine all the ingredients for the basil oil in a food processor or blender and purée. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Store the basil oil in a container in the refrigerator for a week.
Make the pizza:
- Heat your oven to 450°F.
- Line a 9×13″ rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and grease the parchment paper with olive oil.
- Stretch out our dough directly into the prepared baking sheet, extending it into the corners. If the dough bounces back too much, just let it rest for 5 minutes, and try again. You’ll get it!
- Place the torn pieces of mozzarella cheese on top of the dough.
- Sprinkle the blue cheese on top of the mozzarella.
- Arrange the peach slices on top of the cheeses.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Slide the pizza into the oven and bake for 12 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the basil oil and chili crisp.
This recipe makes 2 9×13″ pizzas.
For this recipe I split the pizza dough into 2 pieces instead of 4, so I would have a thicker crust.
Keywords: peach and blue cheese pizza, peach pizza, easy peach pizza, brunch pizza, blue cheese pizza