A perfect breakfast? Pizza! Just crack and egg (or two) on it, and bake until set. This pizza combines fresh pesto with sun-dried tomatoes and eggs for a crowd-pleasing, sunny-side-up, breakfast!
- Preheat your oven to 500°F. If you’re using a pizza stone, allow the stone to heat up for 30 minutes before baking on it. If you’re not using a pizza peel, line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle the parchment with olive oil and stretch out your dough directly onto the parchment.
- Stretch out your dough on a pizza peel dusted with flour to about 10” in diameter.
- Spread pesto on the top of the stretched out dough.
- Sprinkle the sun-dried tomatoes on top of the pesto sauce.
- Crack 2 eggs on top of the pizza, taking care to not let the whites spill over the sides of the dough.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and drizzle about a tablespoon of olive oil over the top.
- Slide your pizza into the oven and onto the peel and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the eggs are set.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with Pecorino cheese shavings and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
Keywords: breakfast pizza, breakfast pizza recipe with eggs, breakfast pizza recipes, egg pizza, healthy breakfast pizza recipes, put an egg on it